Sheesh Tawook (Lebanese chicken skewers)
"I am originally from Lebanon, we love to eat Sheesh Tawook almost every Sunday! Think of perfectly tender and juicy chicken that’s been marinating in earthy spices, saha garlic paste, and lemon juice. That’s exactly what you get with this sheesh tawook recipe." ~Noha
- 1 lb of boneless skinless chicken breast cut in cubes
For the marination:
- 1 1/2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoon SAHA Garlic Paste (Buy here).
- 1/2 tablespoon paprika
- 1/2 tea spoon white pepper
- 1/2 Teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 Teaspoon turmeric
- 1/4 tablespoon sumac (optional)
- 1/2 Teaspoon red flakes (optional)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 tablespoons Mustard
- 1/4 lemon juice
- Green bell peppers
- Fresh mushrooms (optional)
- In a large bowl, add the ingredients for the marinade and whisk to combine.
Place the chicken cubes in the same bowl and coat the chicken in the marinade. Cover, and let rest/marinate in the fridge for at least 4 hours.
Thread the chicken on skewers right before grilling. Add one wedge of onions, green pepper and mushrooms to each skewer, if desired.
Grill on medium heat for 5-8 minutes per side.
Serve on a plate with rice or salad. Or with pita bread, spread SAHA garlic paste, add SAHA tabbouleh (or lettuce).