A MEXICAN TACO WITH A LEBANESE TWIST!!!
Created by Saha
3 boneless skinless chicken breasts cut into strips (1 1/4 lb)
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
1 package (1 oz) Old El Paso™ fajita seasoning mix
1 large onion, cut in thick slices
2 green bell pepper, cut in quarters
8 Old El Paso™ Soft Tortilla Bowls, heated as directed on package
- Heat gas or charcoal grill. Brush chicken with 1 tablespoon of the oil; sprinkle with fajita seasoning mix to coat. In medium bowl, toss onion and bell peppers with remaining oil. Set aside.
- Place chicken on direct heat of grill over medium heat. Cover grill; cook 15 to 18 minutes, turning occasionally, until juice of chicken is clear when center of thickest part is cut (at least 165°F). Add vegetables to grill for last 5 to 7 minutes of cooking, turning once or twice, until crisp-tender.
- Remove from grill, and let chicken rest 5 minutes; cut into thin slices. Cut bell peppers into thin strips; separate onions into rings.
- Serve with toppings:
- SAHA Garlic Paste tossed with shredded lettuce
- Spoon grilled chicken and vegetables into warmed bowls.
- Add cheese to the warm chicken breast
- Add SAHA Tabbouleh, SAHA Hummus , SAHA Baba-ghanouj, and more Garlic Paste (optional).
EXPERT TIPS Toss some of SAHA Garlic Paste with the shredded lettuce for 10 minutes to make it as dressing.
Tip: If you eat the inside of the bowl first with a fork, you can then eat the tortilla bowl like nachos with our dips :)
Follow my Instagram for more cooking videos! @saha.usa